Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 1

On my way  to Rio from Charlotte, I slept most of the way. I Arrived in Rio and took taxi to my hostel and booked a tour. I Met Ketty, who is from France, and her friends and we walked along beautiful beach and eventually took the metro to meet her friends. We met at a cafe in Copacabana and had my first caipirinha. I then walked from Copacabana to Leblon where the hostel was and I got picked up for the tour. Our first stop was Christ the redeemer. The huge statue was very impressive and had a 360 degree view of the water and city. However, it was incredibly crowded. We then stopped in various places in the city including the famous mosaic steps, Santa Teresa neighborhood, and the spot where Carnival starts. At nightfall, we went to sugar loaf mountain. We took cable cars up the mountain and saw a gorgeous full moon. It was after sunset and saw the whole city lights and mountainous geography. I met two very nice Colombians, Carlos and Cynthia, who invited me back to their hostel for caipirinha night. I learned how to make them and took over the bartenders job by making them for everyone. We then went to a chill bar with other people in the hostel. After, we came back to hostel for more drinks then I took a taxi back to my hostel and went to bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment