Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 2

The next morning I got up early, walked to the lake in the middle of Rio, and circumnavigated it. It was very large and took a long time. It was hot so in the middle of my walk I stopped for coconut water, drank from a straw from a coconut that the vendor cut with a hatchet. It was super refreshing. I then walked to the Rio botanical gardens, and explored a bit. Eventually  I got very tired so I went back to the hostel to charge up and wait for my airport transfer.  A guy in a regular car picked me up and we talked about his life and the situation in Brazil. I got on my flight and arrived in Florianopolis that evening. An ISA representative, Daniel, picked me up and took me to the hotel to drop off bags then we walked down the street to meet the rest of the group at a restaurant. After dinner a lot of us taxied to a bar in downtown and had caipirinhas and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment